Security Service of Ukraine on Sunday released the personal data of 206 officers from Russian military intelligence working for the private military company Wagner. They were previously identified fighting in Syria during February 2018, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
The list published on the Security Service’s website includes first names, patronymics and surnames, citizenship, dates of birth and home addresses, as well as information about how the contractors died.
According to the SBU, eight Wagner mercenaries who died during the so-called “Prigozhin attack” in Syria on February 7, 2018 “during 2014-2016 took part in military operations in Donbas as part of Russian-led military formations.” Several of them actively assisted Russia to annex Crimea or assisted in carrying out attacks in Ukraine, the SBU said.
The Security Service of Ukraine said the number of Wagner contractors who died as a result of the February 7, 2018 attack in Syria already numbers 58.